Sunday 11th March

Holy Communion 9.30am

Sunday 25th March

Family Service 11am

Followed by APCM 

Bell Ringing

Bell ringing practice takes place at the church every 

Friday at 7.30pm.

Please contact David Stanford on 07711683792 for details.

New ringers very welcome

Prayer for the Month

The Lent Lily
‘Tis spring; come out to ramble
The hilly brakes around,
For under thorn and bramble
About the hollow ground
The primroses are found.
And there’s the windflower chilly
With all the winds at play,
And there’s the Lenten lily
That has not long to stay
And dies on Easter day.
And since till girls go maying
You find the primrose still,
And find the windflower playing
With every wind at will,
But not the daffodil,
Bring baskets now, and sally
Upon the spring’s array,
And bear from hill and valley
The daffodil away
That dies on Easter day.
A.E. Housman




The tower of Clopton Church was badly cracked due to the movement of the bell-frame when the bells were rung. Regular ringing ceased many years ago. In 2009 the tower was repaired at a cost of £90,000. The old bell-frame could not be repaired so a new frame  was needed. 

There are six bells in the tower. The tenor, fifth, fourth, second and treble date from 1788, and the third from 1880.  They weigh from 5cwt to 12 cwt. To reduce the costs the bells were removed from the tower by volunteers. A new metal bell frame was installed in the tower by these volunteers, and they helped to rehang the newly restored and retuned bells.

If you are interested in learning to ring please contact us.

The new bell frame was made by Nicholson Bellhangers. Details of the bells are as follows:

Bell Diameter Weight Note Date Founder
Tenor 42 1/4 " 12 cwt G 1788 William and Thomas Mears, Whitechapel
Fifth 37 3/4" 8 3/4 cwt A 1788 William and Thomas Mears, Whitechapel
Fourth 34 7/8" 7 cwt B 1788 William and Thomas Mears, Whitechapel
Third 32 7/8" 6 cwt C 1880 Moore, Holmes and McKenzie, Redenhall
Second 31" 5 1/4 cwt D 1788 William and Thomas Mears, Whitechapel
Treble 29 1/8" 5 cwt E 1788 William and Thomas Mears, Whitechapel